Gay-Affirmative Therapist Derby, Nottingham, Chesterfield
Gay-affirmative therapist in Derby, Nottingham, Chesterfield and looking at a psychotherapist, counsellor or hypnotherapist?
Even in today’s UK climate of legal support for gay marriage and LGBTQ+ Hate crime, society can still lag behind in attitudes towards you if you are gay.
Being gay and admitting it to yourself is a big and courageous thing to do. If you are struggling to come to terms with your sexuality I can offer therapy, support and help along the way towards self-acceptance. If you are at Derby, Nottingham university and just admitting you are gay, I can help through you this time.
Gay Affirmative Therapist for LGBTQ+
I am an experienced therapist who uses, psychotherapy, counselling, hypnotherapy and other forms of brief therapy to support you at any stage of being the true you. I know that self-acceptance of being gay cna be mixed with fear, anxiety and worry. in being Gay in Derby, Nottingham, Chesterfield (or other towns near Derbyshire) you might have all sortd of fears about the future. Of course this can also be mixed with excitement too.
There is nothing wrong with you!
It’s important know, that at whatever stage you are at in your acceptance of being gay, that there is nothing wrong with you. You are loveable human-being and you have every right to be yourself. In other words you do not have to conform to other people’s idea of who you should be or how you should behave. It is several decades now since it was accepted by the menta health professions that being gay is and was never a mental or psychological disorder.
Today, the main challenge in being gay is the response, attitude and treatment from other people. Some of the most challenging relationship issues might be :-
- my parents don’t accept that I am gay – they think I am going through a phase
- my religion (catholic, muslim etc) say it is evil / wrong / a sin and God / Allah will save me if I pray enough
- my culture has a threatening anti-gay view
- my employer has passed me up for promotion or fired me
- my friends abuse / tease / make fun of me being gay
- I feel threatened / unsafe where I live
Being Gay and Common Challenges
Being gay means that not only do you have the usual issues in life but you have extra challenges too. These can be :-
- I am married and my wife doesn’t know I am gay
- I am in a gay monogamous relationship but want it to be an open relationship
- I am gay and worried about “coming out”
- I am bisexual, married to a woman but have affairs with men
- I am straight but sleep with men
- I have been married and had kids and know I am gay
- I am widowed / divorced from a heterosexual relationship and know I am gay
- I am a sex addict / have a sex addiction
- I see male prostitutes and hate myself for it
- I fantasize about a straight friend, colleague
- I have a fetish that dominates my life
- I waste too much time on porn websites, Grindr, Gaydar etc
- I am retired and realise I am gay
- I am gay but have never done anything about it
- and many more
Private Confidential Gay-Affirmative Therapy
Be assured that anything we discuss is treated in confidence and will be kept private. Even though you may feel your situation is unique, please know that you will not be the first gay man to be in the place you are in your life. You will get through this difficult and time and can emergy stronger and with more confidence to be yourself. You have every right to live a happy, purposeful and fulfilling life.
Gay-Affirmative Therapist Derby, Nottingham Chesterfield
I am Steve Harold and I have been through many issues as a Gay man. I know through personal experience that it can be tough for you right now but that you will come through. I would be delighted to play a small role in helping you to flourish and thrive as a Gay man.
I have been in practice for over 20 years and helped many Gay men in my London therapy clinic. My gay affirmative therapy practice in Heanor, Derbyshire is conveniently central for Derby, Chesterfield, Belper, Matlock and other towns in Derbyshire.
It is also just 20 minutes from Nottingham and Mansfield and other towns in Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire and Staffordshire.
Can’t get to the practice?
We can have gay-affirmative therapy sessions online using Skype, Facetime, zoom or other internet video calls.
Gay Affirmative Therapy – What will happen next ?
- Contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01773 436796 to book an appointment
- Enjoy a free gay affirmative intial consultation (30 minutes)
- Book your first gay affirmative therapy session
- Feel stronger and more confident in taking action
- Get on with living and loving yourself and your life